Friday 31 July 2015

Skinny French Toast with Stewed Strawberries

I conqoured my french-toast fear! After seeing a cousins post last week I've been dreaming about the often-thought about, rarely ordered french toast. Ok, it doesn't cross my mind as often as cinnamon buns but I do love a good french toast!





Ingredients (for 2 pieces):
2 Slices of ancient grains bread (or choice)
2 Eggs
1 Good splash of milk
1/2 Tsp vanilla
1/4 Tsp of cinnamon
1 Cup quartered strawberries
1 Tsp white sugar
Butter
Maple syrup

Directions:

In a pot bring strawberries and sugar to a simmer for about 10 minutes or until desired texture. Stir every couple minutes.

In a flat bowl beat eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Lay bread flat on both sides to absorb mixture and add to a pan over medium heat with melted butter. (I never waited long enough and always failed). So this takes some time! Wait until one side is golden delicious and flip. The bread should be a medium brown colour and not squishy if that helps.



Top with the stewed strawberry sauce and add maple syrup if you wish. (Thanks Laurin extended family for this bottle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment