Sunday 20 September 2015

My Puttanesca Recipe

Subsite anchovies for onions. Not that I don't like "real" puttanesca… I just don't have confidence using anchovies yet! …And it is a bit of a creepy concept.

Fun fact: Puttana translates to "whore." Puttanesca which originated in Naples was referred to as a whores supper. Am I selling it?

It's fresh, salty, tangy, comforting and EASY! Better?




Ingredients:
1 Cup of my homemade kale marinara (slightly spicy)
1 Small yellow onion sliced
1 Tbsp of capers
10 Black olives (pitted and quartered)
2 Artichokes quartered (I used canned, shameful)
1 Tbsp of my pecan pesto
2 Cups of cooked ancient grain pasta (buckwheat soba noodles would be good too!)

Directions:
Soften onions over medium heat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Add sauces and other ingredients until heated through then toss in the cooked pasta. You can drizzle extra olive oil on top to finish. This isn't meant to be a saucy dish and this recipe serves 2!

Pecan Pesto: http://comeforfood.blogspot.ca/2015/09/seasonal-pasta-with-pecan-pesto.html

Kale Marinara: http://comeforfood.blogspot.ca/2013/12/tomato-kale-marinara.html

No comments:

Post a Comment