Tuesday 11 February 2014

Colourful Curry Veg Soup

When produce shopping this weekend I decided to purchase one veg I've never cooked with that I thought might suit my cauliflower potato curry soup thought bubble. Brown parsnip won - also because I liked the name Rutabaga.

(Roast at 400 for 25 mins)
1/2 Head of cauliflower
1 Rutabaga
2 Cloves of garlic
Curry powder
Cumin
Cinnamon

(In the pot!)
2 tbsp of olive oil (should use a high heat oil)
1 Small yellow onion
2 Stalks of celery
2 Carrots
2 chicken stock cubes (or veg)
10-12 Cups of water
2 Baking potatoes cubed and rinsed






I mixed the cauliflower with olive oil and 2 tbsp of curry powder, and with the rutabaga I mixed with olive oil 1 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
Sweat out and soften the veg in the pot, starting with the onions with some salt and pepper. Add stock cubes and water then potatoes. Bring to a boil then add the roasted veg. Simmer until all veg is a bit more tender, cool, blend! This soup I actually considered not blending but I just have a thing for blended soups. This is a hearty, tasty soup if I do say so myself! I have never cooked anything curry before.

No comments:

Post a Comment