Monday 14 April 2014

Chunky Southwest Yam and Celery Soup




This recipe needs something, I'm thinking cilantro but it's still pretty darn satisfying! If you don't blend this soup then don't roast the garlic. Otherwise give it a couple pulses in the blender and keep it chunky. Completely pureed has a unpleasant texture.

3 Yams
3 Cloves of Garlic
3 Veg stock cubes
1 1/2 Cups of corn
1 Can black beans
1 Can chick peas
1 Yellow onion
1/2 Bunch of celery (8 stalks)
1 Large carrot
2-3 tbsp of cumin
1 Tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp of cinnamon
2 Tbsp of tomato paste
Salt and pepper
12 Cups of water

Roasted the yam in cumin and oil. In the pot I first softened the onion then added the other veg, water and rest of the ingredients. Partially blended. Next time I feel like I should add an extra yam, take out the chick peas and less water. Hope this inspires and let me know if you have any suggestions! Don't get me wrong, it is tasty, I just can't put my finger on what's missing… maybe cilantro,
like I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment