Monday 28 April 2014

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Soft, rich and chewy. All the things one would want in a cookie that accompanies chocolate x2 and peanut butter!


1/4 Cup butter
3/4 Cup peanut butter
1/3 Cup of cocoa powder
1 Cup of flour
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 Tsp baking soda
1/8 Tsp salt
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves
1 Tsp vanilla
1-2 Eggs

I know people say you can't bake without proper measurements but I do it all the time. My grandpa requested I bake chocolate chip cookies so I though okay, double chocolate. And throw some peanut butter in there! From other recipes I do stay semi-true to consistencies of okay, this needs that much of  a buttery substance and that much of a dry ingredient. I almost always cut the sugar in half and sometimes the batter is too dry so I need to add in an extra egg to make it mix. I have yet to hear complaints.

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs then dry ingredients. This batch does have a tone of spices (1/2 tsp in total of all combined) just because I though I could go without spices but it's so nice in baking, right? Your call.

I like making cookies in quite small balls, flatten a bit then they only seem to take 7 minutes to bake on parchment paper at 350.

Also, the light coloured cookies in the picture are from a much earlier blog entry: White Chocolate and Oatmeal Spice cookies. (May be my favourite kind… and The Good Cookie… okay they're all good)! 

Feel free to pin some posts, as I just learned how to use pinterest over the weekend so most recipes are on a board there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment