Friday 26 June 2015

Classic Greek Tzatziki

Side note: I can spell that word!

This goes good in wraps, as dip, topping or as one of my friend's suggested: salad dressing!
Terible picture, I should be ashamed of myself but I'm moving this weekend annnnnd lazy so sorry.

Ingredients:

1 Cup plain greek yogurt
I Lemon juiced (1 tbsp)
Lemon rind (how much you want (1 tsp)
1 Cucumber seeded and grated
1 Large garlic clove finely minced
2 Tbsp of fresh baby dill minced
Salt and pepper



Directions:
Seed and grate the cucumber and sprinkle with salt. Leave aside for half hour or so to disgard of excess water. I strained it like I do frozen spinach. You should be left with about a cups worth. Then combine ingredients and put in the fridge. I'm sure it's fine to eat right away but I just find sauces like this taste better with a little time to marry.

Enjoy this refreshing cool summer topping! Opa!

No comments:

Post a Comment