Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Faux Pho Soup

My good friend from Cambodia will most likely cringe if she reads this post - but it's fast and healthy comfort food for the soul so I'm sharing!

So I have two variations on this soup: Beef and Chicken Veg.

Beef Pho
Beef stock (1 cube for 3-4 cups of water)
1 Tbsp of soy sauce (or Tamari)
1 Tsp of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
-that's all your broth is!

Add veg (which I normally cut thicker and on an angle
-Broccoli
-Kale
-Carrots
-Mushrooms
-Zucchini
- Yellow or red pepper

Steak:
Like my spicy peanut stir fry recipe, I just marinade with balsamic, soy sauce, graded fresh ginger and garlic. I cut into bit size pieces and cook - then add to soup.

Serve this soup with vermicelli noodles. I start with that in the bowl then ladle desired amount of soup.

Tip: I normally add the harder vegetables first and bring water to a boil. You want them to still be a bit firm when eating - not like mushy boiled veg!

For this one - it is veg using chicken stock. I've never tried with veg stock but I can't imagine it being bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment