Monday 13 January 2014

4 Satisfying Salads

It shouldn't be an oxymoron.
I love salads! I do not love the typical 'garden salad'. Throw in some nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, roasted veg, feta, seeds. It may take more time  - it actually may not depending on your combinations (and what's available in your fridge/ fruit basket!
I tend to put my salads on a half/half field greens with spinach.

1. Roasted Beet and Sweet Potato Crunch Salad
Roasted sweet potato
(I made this for another meal and have left overs for yet another, so no I didn't set out to roast just for salad and since I was already roasting…)
Roast a diced beet
A handful of craisins
A handful of toasted walnuts
BAM!





Dressing idea:
1 Lemon (zest and juiced)
1/2 Inch of finely graded ginger
1 Tsp of dijon mustard
1 Cup of balsamic vinegar
1/3 Cup of olive oil
(adding honey wouldn't be discouraged)

2. Dried Fruit and Nut Chicken Salad
(makes 2 portions)
1 Chicken breast (baked)
Craisins
Chopped Apricots
Toasted walnuts (obviously I have walnuts in my fridge!

3. Fresh Fruit and Feta Salad 
(Probably my favourite!)
1 Pear sliced and diced as desirable
1 Gala apple sliced and diced as desirable
1 Tbsp of feta per serving (just a salty touch)
(If you have the know-how or time to do a balsamic reduction dressing DO IT)

4. A Better Greek Salad
Diced red pepper
Diced cucumber
Halved cherry tomatos
Chick peas
Feta
(You could add red onion and olives - I don't tend to)
- Use a balsamic dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment